Corinne Mossati is the Founder/Editor of Cocktails & Bars, popular online magazine Gourmantic and The Gourmantic Garden. After successful careers in Optometry, Human Resource Management and IT Project Management, she founded Gourmantic in 2009, Cocktails & Bars in 2015 and The Gourmantic Garden in 2020.
Corinne Mossati has been writing about bars, spirits and the food scene since 2009, including the rise of the small Sydney bar scene and Australian distilling. After she founded Gourmantic in 2009, she launched Cocktails & Bars in 2015, a niche website dedicated to cocktail culture. Aimed at the discerning drinker, the cocktail/spirit enthusiast including the home bartender, the website features the best bars, spirit reviews, cocktail recipes, cocktail trends and industry news. The website has acquired a large following online and on social media from both trade and consumers.
She is named in the prestigious Australian Bartender Magazine’s Top 100 Most Influential List since 2013, has judged numerous cocktail competitions, was nominated in Icons of Whisky Australia, is an Australian International Spirits Competition Judge and is published in several media including Executive Style by Fairfax. She has created the Gourmantic Birthday Gin 2017 in collaboration with Master Distiller, Reg Papps. Her cocktail garden was featured on ABC TV’s Gardening Australia. She’s a guest contributor to Real World Gardener on 2RRR FM, was awarded Best Edible Garden as well as Eco Champion in Randwick Council Garden Awards, and was first place winner in the Grow It Local Awards in the Best Veggie Patch Name category.
Just four months after launching Cocktails & Bars, Corinne Mossati’s article on the top 10 cocktail trends of 2015 was soon published in Executive Style by Fairfax. She has been named in the biannual Australian Bartender Magazine Top 100 Most Influential List since 2013 and nominated in the Icons of Whisky Australia 2020 awards.
Corinne’s discerning palate has earned her a place in key spirit judging events. These include the Australasian Whisky Awards in 2013, the Mezcal Blind Tasting Research for SouthTrade International in 2018 and the inaugural Australian International Spirits Competition (AUISC) in 2020.
Corinne Mossati has extensive experience judging cocktail competitions across various spirits and brands. Below is a selection of cocktail competitions she has judged to date.
- Angostura Rum Global Cocktail Challenge 2013
- Australia Coupe Cocktail Competition 2020
- Australian Bartenders Guild (ABG) National Cocktail & Flair Finals 2013, 2014, 2018
- Bacardi Legacy Australia 2014
- Chairman’s Reserve Mai Tai Competition 2017
- Choya Umeshu Cocktail Competition 2014
- Diageo’s World’s Fastest Ramos Gin Fizz 2016
- Drinks World T25 Judging Panel for Top 25 Bartenders 2016
- FAIR Cocktail Competition Australian Final 2018
- Flor de Cana #flymetoflordecana Rum Competition 2017
- G’Vine Perspectives Competition 2015
- Jack Daniel’s / ABG Ultimate Cocktail 2014
- Laird’s Applejack Cocktail Competition 2013
- Merivale Cocktail Competition with Chivas Regal 2019
- Mezcal Amores, In Love with Amores Cocktail Competition 2014
- Mix It to Fix It All Female Bartender Competition 2013, 2014
- Monin Cup 2018 Australian Final 2018, Monin Cup NSW Semi Finals 2016
- Monkey Shoulder Ultimate Bartender 2014
- Nardini Cocktail Mixing Challenge 2016
- No 3 Gin Fizz Cocktail Competition 2014
- Opihr World Adventure Cocktail Competition Australian Final 2018
- Peruvian Consul First Official Pisco Sour Cocktail Competition in Australia 2018
- Havana Club Royal Rum-ble Cocktail Competition 2016
- Stoli elit The Art of the Martini Cocktail Competition 2017
- Sydney Cider Cocktail Competition 2018, 2019, 2022
- Teeling Irish Coffee Cocktail Competition 2016
- Woodford Reserve Cocktail Challenge 2015, 2017
- World First Moutai “Enter the Dragon” Cocktail Competition 2015
In 2015, Corinne was invited by Merivale as guest hospitality staff trainer for new employees at Coogee Pavilion. In 2014, she was guest speaker at the “Bartender Workshop: Bar Publicity and Advertising” during Bar Week and again, at “The Business of Bar Conference: Say it Right! Getting Results in the Media” during Bar Week 2016. She has presented at the City of Sydney’s “Business Seminar 101 – Late starters: Keeping the doors open for night-time trade“.
In the Media:
TELEVISION: Gardening Australia, ABC TV
In February 2021, ABC TV’s Gardening Australia contacted Corinne re filming a segment on growing a cocktail garden. The Botanical Beverages segment premiered on ABC TV on Friday 21 May 2021 to over 800,000 viewers. The segment also aired on several of ABC TV’s social media channels including YouTube. You can watch the Botanical Beverages segment here.
RADIO: Real World Gardener, 2RRR 88.5FM
Marianne Cannon, Presenter of Real World Gardener on 2RRR radio interviewed Corinne Mossati in 2021. The first segment went to air on Wednesday 29 September at 5pm on 2RRR 88.5FM Sydney, was repeated on Friday 1 October at 9am then across Australia on the Community Radio Network at 9.04 AEST on Saturday 2nd October.
You can listen to the podcasts in this article here.
PRINT MAGAZINE: Breathe Magazine UK
Corinne and her cocktail garden was featured in an article in Breathe Magazine UK by journalist and writer Alice Whitehead. The article is called ‘Drink me!’ Capture summer’s fragrant flavours with some easy-to-make botanical syrups and includes a mini interview, tips on growing botanicals as well two of my drink recipes.
COMMUNITY: Randwick Council Garden Awards & Grow It Local
Corinne is a double winner in the Randwick Council Garden Awards 2021 in two categories: Best Edible Garden and Eco Champion Award. Furthermore, The Gourmantic Garden was the first place winner in the Grow It Local Awards 2022 in the Best Veggie Patch Name category.
Writing and Photography
In 2010, Corinne was the first prize winner in the global Grantourismo Travel Writing Competition. She was a contributing writer to the Citibank Dining website throughout 2014 and photographer for Diageo’s World Class 50 Definitive Drinking Guide featuring the two consecutive winners of World Class Australia competition. She has contributed articles for Executive Style, Trains on the Brain, The Urban Grocer and Uptake Travel Gems websites.
Cocktails & Bars is listed in Top 50 Mixology Blogs and Websites for Mixologists and Bartenders by Feedspot and 30 Bartending Blogs You Should be Reading by Crafty Bartending. Corinne has also appeared in the 2014 video parody, “Sh!t People Say to Aussie Bartenders”.
In 2017, Corinne has created the Gourmantic Birthday Gin 2017 in collaboration with Master Distiller, Reg Papps for the website’s 8th birthday event. A serious Martini drinker, she established the #fridaynightmartiniritual on instagram, a weekly series that showcases various Martinis from the home bar.
For more information, visit her website Corinne Mossati – Drinks Writer. Cocktail Gardener.
Last updated 6 February 2023