Sydney Brewery and Sydney Cider have announced the eight finalists of the Sydney Cider Cocktail Competition for 2019.
A high standard of entries was submitted and the judges made their decision based on the criteria of originality, appearance, ingredients and inspiration.
Sydney Cider Cocktail Competition Finalists 2019
Here are the eight finalists of the Sydney Cider Cocktail Competition 2019, listed in no particular order:
- Gerald De Los Santos (Fred’s/Charlie Parker’s) – Summer Be-Cider
Nicolas Darras (Sugarcane Coogee) – Sunset Cider In Coogee
- Ben Hunter (Mjolner) – Mungo Jerry
Antonia Houben (Sydney Brewery Surry Hills) – Afternoon Delight
- Daniel Hilton (The Lobo Plantation) – Surry Hils Fizz
- Jono Carr (Liquid and Larder) – Summer ala Florentina
- Dula Lorenzohewa (Employees Only Sydney) – Battle Angel
- Tua Fatongiatau (Corretto Dee Why) – Gingerlicious
Edited on 26/4/2019 – As Nicolas Darras and Antonia Houben have advised that they’re not able to attend the competition final, the judges have selected two finalists:
- Prudence Farquhar (Blue Kahunas) – “Blue Crush”
- Nicolas Domange (The Loft) – “An Old Summer Cider”
The eight finalists will be competing on Monday 29 April 2019 at The Cidery Bar in World Square from 5pm till 8pm. The competition will be judged by Ben Davidson (Bespoke Drinks), Dan Noble (Old Mate’s Place and 2018 winner) and Corinne Mossati (Cocktails & Bars, Gourmantic).
Sydney Brewery would like to extend an invitation to the bartending community to attend the finals of the Sydney Cider Cocktail Competition and cheer their colleagues at The Cidery Bar in World Square. The evening will kick off with complimentary cocktails and canapés followed by Sydney Brewery ciders (Sydney Cider, Manly Perry, Agave & Ginger Cider) and beers.
RSVP to email@example.com by midday on Monday 29 April 2019. We look forward to seeing you there.
In partnership with Sydney Cider and Sydney Brewery