Entries for the Sydney Cider Cocktail Competition 2022 are now open to bartenders in NSW.
Sydney Brewery, producer of Sydney Cider, Agave Ginger Cider and Cherry Perry is inviting bartenders in NSW to enter the fourth annual Sydney Cider Cocktail Competition 2022 and put their creativity to use in a cider-based cocktail.
Following the success of previous years and the high calibre of entries received, this year’s competition challenges bartenders to create an innovative cocktail that can be pre-batched and canned using Sydney Cider, Agave Ginger Cider or Cherry Perry.
Sydney Cider Cocktail Competition 2022 Prizes
Bartenders will be in the running for three generous prizes:
First Prize Winner:
- The winner will have their cocktail canned by Sydney Brewery and will collaborate on the design and production process.*
- This will entail a trip to Sydney Brewery Hunter Valley for two, with overnight accommodation at the Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley including dinner and drinks. Valued at $550.
- The winner will also receive 10 cartons of their choice of Sydney Brewery products. Valued at $700.
*Terms & Conditions below apply for the first prize:
- Bartender and Bar will have their names featured on the label.
- The canned cocktail will need to feature Sydney Brewery cider(s) as well as keeping in mind the cocktail’s ABV and shelf life of cocktail ingredients. Cans will be pasteurised.
- Cocktail may feature garnish for entry and as serving suggestion.
- The canned cocktail will be marketed as a limited edition in 375ml cans.
- The canned cocktail will be sold exclusively to you and your bar for the first month after production.
- After the first month of release, the canned cocktail will be further available at Sydney Brewery venues (Sydney Brewery Surry Hills, The Cidery Bar & Kitchen, Sydney Brewery Hunter Valley) and via the Sydney Brewery website.
- Sydney Brewery will help support marketing for the canned cocktail at your venue.
Second Prize Winner:
- 10 cartons of your choice of Sydney Brewery products valued at $700
Third Prize Winner:
- 5 cartons of your choice of Sydney Brewery products valued at $350
Key Competition Dates
Thursday 23 June 2022 – Competition opens and entries are accepted via email (see below).
Sunday 7 August 2022 – Competition closes at midnight. Judging of entries begins to select finalists.
Monday 15 August 2022 – Finalists are announced on Cocktails & Bars.
Monday 22 August 2022 – Competition Finals are held between 5-8 pm at the Cidery Bar in World Square (see note below)
How to Enter the Sydney Cider Cocktail Competition 2022
- Create an innovative cocktail that can be pre-batched and canned using Sydney Cider, Agave Ginger Cider or Cherry Perry**.
- Email the name of your cocktail, the full recipe, a short paragraph describing the inspiration behind it and a photo of the drink in landscape format to [email protected]
The Sydney Cider Cocktail Competition 2022 is now officially open and you have until midnight on Sunday 7 August 2022 to submit your entry. If you’re looking for inspiration, take a look at previous entries here.
** Contact Richard Feyn on 0412 288 144 or Matt Sharpe on 0423 333 200 if you need any of these cider products for the competition.
In partnership with Sydney Brewery and Sydney Cider.
Originally published 25 November 2021. Updated 23 June 2022.